Since 1970, Permex Products have been continually developing the Bluestreak range of fiberglass battens. During that period, they have worked in close consultation with leading sailmakers all over the world to ensure that what they make reflects the latest thinking in design and performance.
Bluestreak have pioneered the pultruded F.R.P. (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastics) process in their quest for the ultimate batten. The advantages of Bluestreak pultruded sail battens are:
- The highest glass reinforcement percentage (approx. 68%) of any F.R.P. manufacturing process, resulting in maximum stiffness for weight ratio.
- Specially formulated resins for high stress application. In the standard pultrusion process the glassfiber is 100% in one direction, leading to a potential weakness in the cross direction. Bluestreak have solved this problem with the unique X-20 cross-bonding additive which increases the bond between glass fibers and provides axial strength as well as uni-directional strength.
- Lower pigment levels to avoid degrading the cure and reducing the strength properties of the matrix.
- Optimised profiles to provide a low mass, low profile batten and to allow infinite shape-ability.
The result is a wide range of durable battens to suit all classes from Dinghies to Maxis.
Ocean Racer / Cruiser Tapered Leech Battens
- A range of tapered battens designed with soft tips, starting at OR1 and progressing in stiffness to OR5. These battens are ideal for use as leech battens in mainsails and jibs alike and are ideally suited to for all IRC and PHS rules.
Ocean Racer / Cruise Tapered Full Thru Battens.
- A range of tapered battens designed with a dive point of 40%. These battens are intended to be used for full length top battens and throughout fully battened mains.
Dinghy Tapered Leech Battens
- A range of 10 and 15 mm tapered battens designed with a soft tip. These battens are ideal for us as leech battens in mains and jibs in dinghies and keelboats.
Dinghy Tapered Full Thru Battens
- As with the Ocean Racer / Cruise tapered full thru battens, the Dinghy tapered full thru batten has a dive point of 40%. These are perfect for fully battened jibs and mains.
- A complete range of 10 mm, 15 mm, 20 mm OR1 to OR5, and 30 mm Amazon batten. Supplied in 15 m coils.
Rod batten is available in, 6 mm, 7 mm, 8 mm, 9 mm, 10 mm, 12 mm, 14 mm and 16 mm. All diameters are supplied in 7.5 m coils except for 16 mm rod batten, which is supplied in 6 m lengths.
For the full range of Bluestreak battens we refer to our hardware catalogue in the downloads section.